Sunday 14 June 2015

Omotoke...

This week better be beautiful o because I woke up to a not cool news and I'll be diverting from edibles in this post. Forgive me but I have to 'breathe'.

I am writing about a strong woman I've come to know from afar. Omotoke Makinwa!

I wokeup today to a heartbreak, NO not for me but for someone I 'love' (for lack of another description). Men can be wicked sha! How could Maje do this to my Toke? How?

happy girl
their dad (in AYs voice)
I know comments are rolling and tongues are wagging. Don't even know why I'm doing this but I'm guessing it'll clear my head a little. 

I'll tell you a story.

I at a time often heard of a Toke Makinwa whom people had negatives to say about and THAT was what got me interested in her personality. My kind of person tries never to assume but see for myself and/or witness before concluding.

Long story short, I listen to her on radio and follow her on instagram‎ and came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what 'they' say, this lady forges ahead anyway. There, that's 'our' love story. 

See ehn, on IG she posts a lot of pictures and I mean A LOT. I read somewhere that it is her 'get away'. At the time, I wondered what she was getting away from. I now know that apart from her busy schedule, she probably was getting away from Maje (every woman has her cross, I guess he is one of hers. I have mine biko)

From Toke's posts, I also concluded that this woman loves God and I'm forced to believe that God loves her as well. I believe that she PRAYS.

See the thing about a praying woman ehn, she understands that God is the only one who will listen to her pains and not mock her.

For you 'talkers and haters', do you think beneath  ‎all that beautiful Toke doesn't cry? Do you think she didn't have an inkling of Anita? Do you believe she found out the same time you did? Do you think she doesn't give up attimes? Do you think she is perfect? Are you perfect? The koko is at the end of every and any episode, this babe comes out strong and live her life for herself and God.

It's not that I don't have anything to blow up as regards Maje, i'll rather give room for sanity. I'm interested in the heartache Toke might be going through. I pray that the peace of God occupy that heart. 



Toke, I know you don't know me. But if you get to read this, please forgive him. That's what we women do at the end of day. Not for ourselves but for God who has said we should FORGIVE.
A Christian woman cleans up EVERY mess in the house. Clean this up babes. 

Much Love, 
Bolade.


Ps: I have to run, ill update the post as soon as I can if need be. wrote this from the top of my head.

10 comments:

  1. I will say forgive him too. However, forgive him doesn't mean stay. The important things will be does he still love her? Did he ever? Can she ever trust him again? These wounds run deep. Sometimes, forgiving and letting go is the balm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @anonymous 5:22 i totally agree with you. if she decides to move on, so be it. The forgiveness is the koko

      Delete
  2. I just pray that God gives her the strength and fortitude to bear it...remember babe....we are strongest in adversity! God bless you Toke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice write up, i'll say forgive but ask God for direction on what to do (as this is the beginning of a baby mama drama. And who says there wouldn't be baby no.2 as she is no ordinary side chic). Don't let the society hold you up to standards that would wreck you.
    Jesus take the wheel

    ReplyDelete
  4. @writer, I like your angle and according to you "A Christian woman cleans up EVERY mess in the house. Clean this up babes". Which is interesting, as my aunt died of AIDS after being a step mum to 2 kids.
    The Devilish part is, the husband knew he was infected, kept treating himself without his wife's knowledge. So African women, know when to clean up and when to walk away #my2cents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @anonymous 14:50 really sorry about your aunt. I am not of the opinion that she MUST stay at all. that is for her to decide. i love you already

      Delete
  5. Never met Toke, but the love I have for her, I cannot explain. But all I know is God is making her great..... Daddy's boy can continue being just that at age 42. #yeyedeysmell

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very thoughtful and encouraging piece. I pray that God gives her guidance.

    ReplyDelete