Tuesday 23 December 2014

DIY Christmas Cake

It's just tomorrow shielding Thursday from the eyes (if days were objects). Yayyyy, merry christmas to the faithfuls of this blog and beautiful passersby.

the one who designed this pix meant to add 'from Cakebuzz'
SO IT'S CAKEBUZZ WISHING YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS

In the spirit of merrying, I'm posting a christmas cake idea to go with all the jollof and fried rice with chicken, fish or ponmo (all join).

There's this lovely pink Rosette cake I once stumbled upon online and made for a client. One could do the Christmas version of it; because WE CAN.

What you'll need for an 8" cake are: 
250g butter, 500g icing sugar, butterscotch/ vanilla extract, piping bag, star tip nuzzle and of course a cake board.


Whisk butter and sugar till fluffy and add extract.
It's really simple.

Add your food color (stick with any colour of your choice); in this case green and red if you choose. Fill piping bag with buttercream and start decorating.

How to decorate:
Hold the tip a little away from the surface of the cake and make spirals as you desire. work your way around till the cake is fully covered with the rosettes.

VOILA! Christmas cake don land. lolz

Just picture the pink in your chosen colours.
Thank you for dropping by. Be nice, leave a comment. Mwahhh


8 comments:

  1. Welldone mami...nice blog
    Pls visit my blog
    Chinwenmeri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    You are doing a good job yourself. Checked out your blog. E-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have patient to bake sha!maybe when I start having kids,i will learn .aint a cake person, all d cake dey baked/used on my wedding given to me to take home,i threw it away eventually

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have patient to bake sha!maybe when I start having kids,i will learn .aint a cake person, all d cake dey baked/used on my wedding given to me to take home,i threw it away eventually

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeepa, biko dont ever throw good cake away again o. and i pray you get to learn for the kids; they all love a snack in cake.

      Delete
  5. Sounds easy, Buh I know Twil end up being tedious. I luv cake baked by others. Lol. RA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha @ loving cakes baked by others. cakebuzz fully at your service then *wink

      Delete
  6. Am in ph ...RA

    ReplyDelete